Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction: General / Algemeen
Nie-fiksie / Non-fiction - General / Algemeen
The field of human resource management (HRM) has grown significantly over the last 50 years. Although HRM is relatively new to the South African business environment, many companies started employing personnel managers (later to become known as HR managers) to head up personnel departments during the 1980s, primarily to help employers deal with the industrial action of trade unions. Their role has since expanded way beyond that. These days, HR managers play an important role in ensuring that companies utilise their human resources optimally. Introduction to human resource management provides a basic understanding of the principles of HRM and how it contributes to achieving organisational goals.
Introduction to human resource management examines the essential aspects of the practice of HRM in the modern workplace. Essential theory is supplemented with practical guidelines for managing employees as well as other general functions in an organisation.
Contents include the following:
• Macro-environmental factors
• Workforce planning and talent management
• Recruitment and selection
• Induction, orientation and onboarding
• Performance management and appraisal
• Human resource development
• Management, leadership and motivation
• Employee wellness, health and safety
• Laws regulating the human resource management function
Introduction to Human Resource Management is aimed at undergraduate students at further and higher education institutions within
South Africa as well as managers and human resource practitioners.
Publication date: 2018-02-28